Friday, September 15, 2006

A post by any other name, is still a post.

As you will recall, I recently departed the Land of Java, Heroin-sheik, Emerald Green Mountains and the Evil Empire (Microsoft, for you outlanders) and transplanted myself here in the sylvan lands of Penn, replete with humidity from hell, dipshit drivers and sub-par eateries in order that I may drink from the fountain of wisdom at the modest commuter school for young (and in my case, not so young) lawyer wannabes. In order to get from there to here, I packed up all my worldly possessions and trucked them and myself all the way across this great land of ours. Thankfully, I was not alone. One of my dear friends provided much needed driving assistance and company on the 3100 mile trek. And while we made our way over the golden mountains majesty and through the amber waves of grain, my comrade documented our travels. Upon his return to the City at the Ends of the Earth (as my padre calls it), he compiled this little ditty

I am forever thankful for his company and assistance along the way. And I promise, when I return, I won't be bringing that friggin' desk back with me...

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jake,
Your friend did an awesome job documenting your journey. Really good stuff! Hope all is well. Now go home and get your fucking shine-box!

Drunken Chud said...

i tried following the pictures. maybe the formatting in my browser was off, but fuck, i got lost somewhere in some foothills then i was in spokane. fucked up. heh. fuck it. you made it, he made it, and there is evidence of such. all i need to know. i can make a clerk fuckin deal with the rest.

An Urban Femme said...

Huh. I made a cross-country move this summer. Wish I had thought to document it. Maybe it's that my parents were there and that would have made it less 'buddy road trip' and more 'wacky family vacation' (!).