Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Okay (Deep breath...

So, clearly it's been a while. And I'd like to hopefully get a couple of things taken care of here, but we'll see.

First off, just to get started again, I'll pick up where Rob left off, tagging me:

4 jobs I've had:
-Field Hand, commercial hog farm: I learned very quickly that I would rather make my living with my head, rather than my back.
-Foodservice: dishwasher, salads and bread, line cook, sous chef, Asst. Chef, waiter/server, bar-back, bartender, doorman, even BOUNCER for crying out loud!!!! Anyway, I've had them all. Not a bad way to get through high school and college.
-Car Rental Agency, Branch Manager: No, really. Only not for Enterpirse, though. So just get that "We'll pick you up!!" bullshit out of your head.
-Pyramid Huckster: Umm, yeah. That lasted about a day. But I've got to come clean and get it out there.

4 Movies I would watch over and over again:
-Apocalpse Now. Since I've had to answer this question so many freakin' times, I have to have a #1.
-The Shining. Can anyone say "Lonliness is a bitch?!?!?"
-The Hunt for Red October If only for the fact that I've already watched it over and over, while laying on the couch over lazy weekends.
-Heat. Because I want to be Neal (Robt. DeNiro), ...only not die.

4 Places I've lived:
-220 E. M. A large 5 bedroom, two story prairie house. Hardwood floors and 10' high ceilings.
-913 N. P. My folks bought the pool. The house just happened to come with it.
-1041 7 A. A four-plex. My next door neighbor (& fellow bartender) and I would see who could make their girlfriend come loudest on any given night, then compare notes the next day.
-523 E 44 B. My current abode. Too bad I don't own it, because it's got some real potential.

4 TV Shows I Like:
-West Wing, although I've only watched up throught the 3rd or 4th season.
-South Park, becasue it's insolent
-The Colbert Report. The man has figured out how to work both sides of the aisle.
-Law and Order (the original) It's the US legal system in bite-sized, easily digestable portions. Nothing whatsoever what the REAL system is like. Or is it?

4 Favorite Books:
-The Stand-Unabridged, Stephen King. Same with Movies above, I've got my stock answer.
-A Sense of Direction, William Ball. An afirmation that I truly did know what I was doing, arriving at just the right time to be effective.
-It's A Magical World-A Calvin and Hobbes Collection, Bill Watterson. Yep!
-Never the Sinner, John Logan. Never has a piece of literature moved and compelled me as this play did.

4 Places I've Vacationed:
-Washington, DC
-Playa del Carmen, Mexico
-Nassau, Bahamas
-New York City, NY

4 Websites I visit daily:
-The Facts
-The Local Canon
-A True Believer
-Mary Tyler Moore

4 Favorite Foods:
-A great steak, cooked to order.
-A properly prepared pasta.
-A frresh, energetic and receptive yanni.
-A well-crafted cocktail or well-aged wine.

6 comments:

Drunken Chud said...

you know why we gotta take that beach? cuz charlie don't surf!
man, you picked all great movies, really great shows and books too. other than that, i got nothin. so glad to see you're back posting.

Missuz J said...

Yay! I thought some harm had perhaps befallen you.

I love Calvin and Hobbs--and actually use it often for my vocabulary study at school. The books keep getting stolen, but, I figure I'll look at it as a donation.

Oh--and I totally have vacation envy. I need to get out of this fucking state.

~A~ said...

Button has discovered Calvin and Hobbes this year and is absolutely obsessed.

Drunken Chud said...

wow, my first drunken comment has about as much substance as this one does...

Prego said...

Is that whacky neighbor broad still there? If you owned the place you could have her evicted - or make her come loudly to knock $50 off of the March rent.

birdie said...

thought maybe you'd been eaten by wild dogs or something. and, god help my poor depraved soul, but that neighbor competition thing is kind of hot (strike me down now)